Here’s some stuff to help people work together better when the SHTF(hopefully beforehand).
1. The World’s smallest survival guide that fits in your wallet so you’ll “never leave home without it”! It’s free click here to view and forward the PDF to your local printshop if you need double-sided printing help. Everybody also has permission to sell these in unaltered form.
2. Wikicurrency bookletsClick here to view, save and share this blank Wikicurrency booklet
3. Wikicurrency individual dollars are another simple local alternative-currency that can help facilitate the trading of valuable knowledge, goods and services in your community, even after SHTF!
Everything that has value in this world can be divided into one of three categories; goods, services and information. Information is already the most valuable thing in the world and DIY, sustainability and survival knowledge will only become more and more valuable as economies decline. So trading this information-based alternative currency is a way for everyone in a community to “cross-train” eachother to the point where everyone knows how to make, bake, grow or sew everything it is that they need! Additionally, these exchange boards can be easily set up in a monitored environment(inside printshops work well) to help facilitate the trading of goods and services in the form of a simple IOU! Print the blank dollars here, print the survival related info dollars here, 1st wild edible plant dollars here, 2nd wild edible plant dollars here, inspirational quote dollars here and then the Gift Exchange Board here to be able to put them up in your local printshop or coffeeshop and get your community familiarized with using them before the shtf!
4. Sleep Slip Dollars are another “denomination” of Wikicurrency that empower community members to start solving homelessness themselves! Please print Sleep Slips out here!
Sleep Slip dollars are a very simple and efficient solution to the homelessness problem! These Sleep Slips give regular citizens the opportunity to proactively solve homelessness by gifting permission for a homeless person to simply “be” on your porch, in your backyard, garage or even behind your business during your non-operating hours.(providing you with free security and the homeless with a night-watchmen job!) These Sleep Slips also have a space for the Host to specify the times and dates that the individual is allowed to be there, so there’s no confusion! If the homeless guest meets the host’s expectations of behavior then the offer may be extended, or the offer may be made “null and void” at the host’s discretion as the Sleep Slips clearly state. People can print them out and give them to a homeless individual to help them where they need it most, a good night’s sleep/recharge! Some people think that giving money to homeless will be spent on alcohol or drugs, so this is a perfect solution for those people! Homeless individuals can also print these and hand them out to the people that stop to talk with them. If the homeless individual doesn’t put any pressure on the person, but simply asks them to consider talking it over with their spouse, roommates or landlord then we have found it to increase our return rates! Print Sleep Slips out here and share this very simple homelessness solution through your social network today!
5. Community work-trade houses as a homeless solution. Back in 2011, dozens of Ashland homeless protested against camping tickets by camping right on the downtown plaza! From our protest many began working together on a project called HomefreeHostels.com. The project was based on the idea that in order to integrate homeless back into society we can not start by physically segregating them into boxed shelters, encampments or even tiny-villages because that’s not how the rest of society lives! We deduced that if society wanted to truly integrate homeless back into society then they would have to start by actually, physically integrating us into what is now known as “scattered-site housing”. The homeless protesters also decided that staying in these different case-specific locations(females only, veterans only, co-ed, etc) would be most appreciated by the homeless and the community if the homeless guests were required to do “community work-trade”, contributing anything positive(that is the key) that the homeless person is passionate about contributing to the community they are staying! The neighbors and community at large would fund the rent/mortgage and then have the right to help manage it by walking in whenever they wanted to “chaperone” or ad something to their free help request board inside. Essentially, an all-around help house that benefits everyone in the community..like an unselfish commune or a commune turned inside-out! We researched hundreds of homeless shelter and even commune models and never found anything close to this model that existed so we felt it needed to and started this project but didnt have quite enough community member support because the whole establishment tried to ignore the existence of our project, then they tried to just poo-poo and belittle it before finally talking to people behind our back in ways that made people doubt and give up hope.
Recently I had to migrate that website into the pdf files below because I don’t have enough money to keep it up right now as an official site.. this is a really sustainable solution to the world-wide homelessness problem if you get a chance to check out our old website in the links below.
Homefree Hostels description page from old website
Homefree Hostels host houses page from old website
Homefree Hostels services for community page from old website
Homefree Hostels publicity page from old website
Homefree Hostels ways to help page from old website
Homefree Hostels homepage from old website
6. Miniature wearable tipis
7. Doormat sandals
8. The new easiest way to make your own natural wool clothing!
9. Easiest way to make cheese
10. Easiest way to make butter
11. How to keep milk cold without electricity
12. How to map out all the fruit/nut tree and wild edible plants in your community